Bruschetta (pronounced: BRUS kAt ta)
By Posey Salem
This is one of the recipes from the Flowing with Milk and Honey Teaching. To to read the companion posts Flowing with MILK and Honey Part 2 and Flowing with Milk and HONEY Part 3. You can listen to the audio by using the link at the end of this recipe.
I included this recipe with this teaching because it uses cheese from MILK and olive OIL which is part of what Yahweh promised the Land of Israel would have in abundance.
This makes a wonderful lunch or appetizer.
1 long narrow loaf of Italian bread or 1 French Baguette, cut into 8 to 10 diagonal slices – toasted
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
6 to 8 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced with liquid drained
4 to 6 fresh Basil leaves, chopped
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 to 2 Balls of fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced into same number of pieces as you have bread slices
Balsamic Vinegar Glaze or Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place toasted bread slices in single layer on baking sheet
- Wipe crushed garlic cloves across the surface of each slice of toast, mince any leftover garlic
- In medium bowl, toss together: tomatoes, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, basil, and salt and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking with additional seasoning then allow it to marinate for at least 15 minutes. You can mix this together earlier and allow it to marinate for up to 3 hours.
- Place a mozzarella cheese slice on each slice of toast
- Bake toast for 10 minutes or until cheese begins to melt
- Remove toast and using a slotted spoon, top with marinated tomato mixture
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic glaze or balsamic vinegar
To listen to the Flowing With Milk and Honey audio, use the player below.