Are you worried about MSG and other unnamed ingredients that are typically found in commercial seasoning preparations? I was too. So I stopped buying them but our food wasn’t as tasty – that didn’t work for me.
So, I started to make my own version of Lawry’s seasoned salt because it is one of our favorites. I use it in recipes, on the dinner table or as a ground beef seasoning mix. This way, I know exactly what ingredients the seasoning mixture contains and the quality of the spices.
This recipe is easy to make and store in a 4 ounce-size jelly jar. Please note: We only use Redmond’s Real Salt. To learn more about this delicious and healthy alternative to regular table salt visit their website here.
- 4 tablespoons salt (we use Redmond's Real Salt)
- 3 tablespoons organic raw sugar, ground to a powder in a spice grinder
- ½ teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Place all ingredients into a pint-size canning jar, screw on the lid.
- Shake well, until mixture appears to be evenly colored.
- Pour into an empty glass spice jar and label.
- Store remaining mixture in a 4 ounce glass canning jar and label.
- To Use Shake on prepared food or use in recipes as you would any seasoning salt mixture.