This Onion Broccoli Quiche Recipe uses farm fresh eggs from our backyard flock of chickens. Sweet cream from a Jersey cow, fresh locally grown broccoli, sweet onion, and just a hint of cayenne pepper for spice.
It’s unbelievably creamy and rich; the perfect accompaniment to fresh garden salad or fresh seasonal fruit. Try it with our Kale Lemon Salad for flavors that explode in your mouth.
- Pastry for 9-inch quiche or pie plate
- 8 large fresh eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 cranks of fresh ground peppercorns
- 1 good dash of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 1½ cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into very small florets
- Sprinkle of paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place pastry into quiche/pie plate and trim off excess pastry. Pinch around the top of the crust.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs well. Add next 5 ingredients to the eggs and beat for 1 minute on high.
- Sprinkle pastry with the onion, 1 cup of Gruyere cheese and ½ cup of Swiss cheese. Layer ½ cup of broccoli over the cheese.
- Pour egg mixture over the contents in the quiche/pie plate.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and broccoli on top. Using a rubber scraper, gently push the broccoli and cheese into the egg mixture.
- Finish with a sprinkle of paprika over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until set (knife inserted in center comes out clean).
- Allow to set for 10 minutes before serving.
We hope you try this delicious Onion Broccoli Quiche Recipe.
Let us know how you liked it.